Bernard Antwi Boasiako aka Chairman Wontumi is trending once again after his latest appearance on popular political show Good Evening Ghana on Thursday.
The outspoken NPP chairman of Ashanti region in a “tete a tete” with Paul Adom Otchere over a number of issues including the recent missing excavators and mining brouhaha made interesting revelations on how the then Mahama government allegedly collapsed his mining business.
Chairman Wontumi who admitted to hugely benefiting from mining stated that he would never forgive former President John Mahama for how he run down his once booming legal mining business in the year 2013.
Well on a lighter side, the NPP stalwart made some rather hilarious remarks which can be only attributed to him alone.
Here are top 10 of such remarks below
- I am a politician and a celebrity; I bring style and swag to politics
- People say I didn’t attend Prempeh College but at the end of the day it is your pocket that counts
- I am the governor of Ashanti region
- As the Jesus said, in my father’s house there are many mansions – If you fall down we will grab you as NPP forerunners
- I took one of airline and I flow to Tamale in 2013 on former President Mahama request
- Wontumi will never lie – I see politics as a religion
- I am not Galamsey- these are my legal documents – I am large scale
- Mr President (Ex-President John Mahama) do you know inflation, we are the kingpin of inflation
- Besidesly, if you touch me the GDP will hit the inflation – because I employ over 5000 people
- He took my company as a rebel spy – Mahama took my over 500 excavators and collapsed my mining site…That has been the worst moment in my life besides the death of my dear mother’s death
Well, according to Chairman Wontumi, he is now into full time road construction, and farming as he is a “captain and can swim” to his survival regardless of the challenges he has encountered over the years.
watch full interview below