General

60 Western Togolanders arrested

So far, 60 Western Togoland secessionists have been arrested, Deputy Information Minister Pius Enam Hadzide had said.

He told journalists after a meeting between the National Security Minister, Mr Albert Kan Dapaah; the Volta Regional House of Chiefs and the Regional Security Council (REGSEC) on Friday that: “So far, 60 suspected criminals have been arrested”, adding that 54 of them “have been remanded and the rest being processed for court.”

Mr Hadzide said the National House of Chiefs and the delegation also agreed that “continuous dialogue and collaboration between the government, chiefs, and security forces are crucial in the fight ahead”.

He also noted that “deployments have been made according to the strategy that the security is using to deal with the unfortunate and criminal event”.

“Deployments have so far been made to Juapong, Hohoe, Aflao, Nkonya-Alavanyo, Kpando, Kpasa, and Kete-Krachi in the Oti Region.

“There have already been deployments in Kpassa, Kete-Krachi, and Nkonya-Alavanyo but these have been reviewed to deal with the current threats”, he noted.

Source: Classfmonline.com

Related Posts

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *