Sport

Allegri speaks on his next job after leaving Juventus

Outgoing Juventus manager, Max Allegri, has said he is ready for a new challenge and is not planning to take a break from football.

The Italian champions announced on Friday, that Allegri was leaving at the end of this season, despite having one year left on his contract.

The 51-year-old had been tipped to depart ever since Juve were eliminated from the Champions League quarter-finals by Ajax in April and has been linked to the likes of Chelsea and Paris Saint-Germain.

“I’m not especially looking for a year off.

“I’ll only take a sabbatical if I have to. Otherwise, my plan is to find a project that convinces me. Life is full of surprises and you need to be ready for everything.

“I train with joy and fun, because if I’m not persuaded by the squad at my disposal, I try changing things around, moving players into new positions and trying something different, otherwise I get bored,” Allegri told Sky Sport Italia, after drawing 1-1 with Atalanta in his final home game.

Despite Allegri’s sadness about departing the club, he has been at for five years, he accepts it is probably the right time to move on.

“I spoke with Andrea [Agnelli, Juve president] after Ajax and we had plans to continue [with Allegri as coach], but over the past six weeks or so we all reached the same conclusion.

“We never got onto the subject of contracts or anything like that, but I realised it was right to move on and change, for the good of Juve, otherwise we would risk reaching September or October and encounter problems, so it was best to leave on a high.

“I was told [Juve’s decision] on Friday morning. When I left the meeting on Thursday I knew that I was no longer the Juventus coach. I wasn’t told, but I knew,” he added.

Related Posts

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *