Regional

Four electrocuted at Anwomaso Bebre

Four persons have been electrocuted at Anwomaso Bebre near Ejisu in the Ashanti Region.

The incident occurred on Sunday, 21 March 2021.

This led to the cutting of power supply to the area by the Electricity Company of Ghana (ECG).

The four, include a carpenter, one other man and a father and his son.

The four were alleged to have raised a scaffolding pole to work on a three-storey building.

However, a part of the scaffold metal touched the power lines accidentally leading to their electrocution.

Fire personnel and the Police were called to the scene.

All four were, however, confirmed dead at the scene of the accident.

Narrating the incident, Assemblyman for Anwomaso Bebre, Frank Frimpong said: “I got the information around 5:30 pm. So I quickly called the police and the fire service to the scene. We later gathered that the victims were fixing a net at the top floor of the building and so in an attempt to move the metal, there was a contact with power lines and that led to the electrocution.

“So I called the police and the fire service to the scene. Some ECG officials also came to disconnect the power supply to enable us to convey the bodies to the morgue. It was a horrifying scene if you ask me”.

The Assemblyman further disclosed that three out of the deceased have been identified.

The Police has also commenced investigations into the matter.

Source: classfmonline.com

Related Posts

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *