Dismissed Chief Executive Officer of the Korle Bu Teaching Hospital, Dr Felix Anyaah, has blown the cover of some government officials who are illegally drawing monies from a $55 account belonging to the Ministry of Health, MOH.
Dr Anyaah explains that the said amount was donated to the MoH by the Kuwaiti government for the construction of 20,000 beds at the country’s premier hospital.
Speaking on Joy News, he said there are desperate attempts by certain government officials to frustrate the project, revealing that the money has been sitting in an account for the past six years.
“Tuesday was the second day I shed tears, because some people paid with their lives for small things we have failed to fix as a country.
“When Joy News reported the death of a 70-year-old man who died because he did not get a bed after going around seven hospitals in the capital, I was upset,” he said.
Dr Anyaah, who is also the owner of Holy Trinity Hospital and Spa, added that even though the Foreign Affairs Ministry had written to the Health Ministry regarding the illegal withdrawals, the practice has not ceased.
“For almost six years now, people are sitting down chopping from this account…” he said adding the policy on projects at the KBTH has to be looked at.
He said one of the key things he focused on during his tenure was answering questions about the number of people on a particular project, as well as how a project must be executed.
Dr Anyaah said although he was kicked out, he is proud of himself for being part of those laying the foundation blocks.
During his administration, he was voted the overall best CEO (private/public sector) in 2017, got the hospital a new executive wing which contained an invitro fertilization centre as well as DNA and general lab services.
Dr Anyaah who was among the list of CEOs who were relieved of their duties by the President last week Wednesday.
Do you want to be featured on Asempanews.com? Send us a message on our Facebook page now with your stories, photos or videos.