General

Korle Bu maternity block never caught fire

The maternity block of the Korle Bu Teaching Hospital (KBTH) is not on fire as has been alleged on social media, the management of the health post has said.

A statement signed by the Head of Public Relations, Mr Mustapha Salifu, explained: “What happened was an air-conditioner switch in one of the restrooms of the doctors started emitting smoke, which was detected by some staff on duty at around 9 pm yesterday.”

“The staff on duty quickly used fire extinguishers to put out the fire before the arrival of the Ghana National Fire Service (GNFS),” it added.

The hospital noted that, as a precautionary measure, some of the babies were moved to another wing of the same floor.

The statement stated that no patient or staff suffered any casualties or injury.

It said normal operations have resumed after an assessment done by the Ghana National Fire Service indicated that there was no further threat of danger to either patients or staff.

Source: classfmonline.com

Related Posts

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *