Mpaha clash: All culprits’ll be prosecuted – Regional Minister

The Savanna Regional Security Council led by Regional Minister Saeed Jibril Muhazu has ordered the immediate arrest of all persons involved in the disturbances at Mpaha in the Central Gonja District that led to the death of one person in the community.

Speaking after separately visiting the deceased family of 48-year-old Alhassan Fuseini, who was allegedly stabbed at his welding shop last Sunday, as well as the feuding factions, the minister said the law will take its course, adding that all those involved in the disturbances will be prosecuted.

Mr Muhazu also ordered an immediate ban on the fetching of gravel in a pit – the cause of the conflict.

The minister appealed to the chiefs to be each other’s keeper, since the area can only develop in peace.

Four persons, including a police officer, sustained various degrees of injuries as a result of the disturbances in the area.

An officer is still receiving treatment at the Mpaha Health Center.

Meanwhile, all the men have deserted the community leaving behind their wives and children.

The security presence has also heightened.

A police situational report on the incident said Debrewura Sulwu, who is the Paramount Chief of the Debre traditional area, called the Mpaha police to his palace to provide security for him and his elders so they could settle a land dispute between the two communities because he sensed danger.

The police went to the palace and met the Debrewura, his elders and other people but during the settlement of the issue, both parties became aggrieved, started insulting themselves and the situation degenerated into a free-for-all fight.

Some of them sustained injuries and were rushed to the Mpaha Health Centre and Family Life Clinic, Kigbirpe for treatment.

A team of military and police personnel from Buipe was dispatched to Mpaha to support the police to maintain law and order.

Calm was eventually restored at the palace.

The police later visited the Mpaha Health Cente and met one of the victims, Mr Iddrisu Fuseini, aged 48, dead, with two cuts on his chest and bloodstains in his trousers.

They also saw two survivors: Ibrahim Yakubu, 37; and Alhassan Abubakari, 42, both with multiple cuts on their bodies, on admission receiving treatment.

The police also proceeded to Family Life Clinic at Kigbirpe and met one Abaka Alhassan, 49, also with multiple cuts on his body on admission receiving treatment.


Related Posts

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *