Mukarama Abdulai named for CAF Women’s Best Player award
Mukarama Abdulai, Black Maidens striker has been nominated in CAF’s 15-woman shortlist for 2018 CAF Women’s Best Player award.
The 16 year old faces a stiff competition with reigning African Footballer of the year Asisat Oshoala, 2015 winner Gaelle Enganamouit, and South African forward Chrestinah Kgatlana.
Black Queens duo of Portia Boakye and Elizabeth Addo have also been included in the shortlist.
The Northern Ladies forward first came to prominence after scoring 12 goals in 4 games to help Ghana’s Black Maidens qualify for the Under 17 Women’s World Cup in Uruguay.
Mukarama then went on to captain Ghana to the quarter-finals of the FIFA U-17 Women’s World Cup, scoring a record seven goals.
The winner will be named at the CAF Awards Gala on January 8 2019.
Full nominees for Women’s African player of the year
1. Abdulai Mukarama (Ghana & Northern Ladies)
2. Asisat Oshoala (Nigeria & Dilian Quanjian)
3. Bassira Toure (Mali & AS Mande)
4. Chrestinah Thembi Kgatlana (South Africa & Houston Dash)
5. Desire Oparanozia (Nigeria & Guingamp)
6. Elizabeth Addo (Ghana & Seattle Reign)
7. Francisca Ordega (Nigeria & Washington Spirit)
8. Gabrielle Aboudi Onguene (Cameroon & CSKA Moskow)
9. Gaelle Enganamouit (Cameroon & Avaldenes)
10. Janine Van Wyk (South Africa & Houston Dash)
11. Marlyse Ngo Ndoumbouk (Cameroon & Nancy-Lorraine)
12. Onome Ebi (Nigeria & Hekan Huisanhang)
13. Portia Boakye (Ghana & Djurgardens)
14. Raissa Feudjio (Cameroon & Aland United)
15. Tabitha Chawinga (Malawi & Jiangsu Suning)
Do you want to be featured on Asempanews.com? Send us a message on our Facebook page now with your stories, photos or videos.