General

Pregnant woman dies after getting electrocuted while sewing

A 25-year-old woman from Tebeso in the Ashanti Region has died after she was electrocuted in her shop on Friday.

Eyewitnesses say the incident happened after she was electrocuted by her electrical machine after interruption in power supply was restored.

According to report, there were a number of customers who were present at the time of the incident. They had come to have their dresses made for them for Eid-Mubarak celebration.

The woman who was eight and half months pregnant was just a couple of weeks away from the due date for the birth of her baby.

She left behind two kids, Rainbow Radio reports.

“There was an interruption in power supply but immediately the light was restored, Zaria was electrocuted,” the eyewitness added.
The lady was rushed to the hospital but was pronounced dead on arrival.

The police have since deposited the body at the morgue awaiting autopsy.

Do you want to be featured on Asempanews.com? Send us a message on our Facebook page now with your stories, photos or videos.

Related Posts

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *