Sam George exposes NPP over 1D1F project
Sam Dzata George has blown the cover of the ruling New Patriotic Party for laying claim on a Steel Factory in Lakpleku in Ningo of the Greater Accra Region as one of the 1 District 1 Factory project.
The NDC legislator flatly denied stories circulating that the factory in the Ningo Traditional area was set up under the NPP flagship project 1D1F.
He argued that the company has been in operation since 2016, and recently sought to expand operations hence, the new facility that is currently being put up.
“B5 Plus is a manufacturing company already working in Ghana in the Kpone Industrial enclave
“In 2016, they started working on expanding their operations in Ghana by acquiring land in Lakpleku in the Ningo Traditional Area,” he stated in a post on his Facebook.
Mr. George stressed that government of Ghana has no hand in the siting of the project as it is a private establishment that predates the incumbent government.
It’s in light of this that the maverick politician slammed the NPP for laying claim on it as their own.
Read full message on Facebook below.
“My attention has been drawn to stories circulating that the failed 1D1F programme is behind the Steel Factory in Lakpleku in the Ningo Traditional Area of my Constituency.
Let me set the records straight. I hate the distortion of the truth by the NPP and their apparatchiks.
1. B5 Plus is a manufacturing company already working in Ghana in the Kpone Industrial enclave
2. In 2016, they started working on expanding their operations in Ghana by acquiring land in Lakpleku in the Ningo Traditional Area.
3. Land litigation between the family and the company which B5 Plus bought the land from called Greenhill stalled their ability to move to site to commence work.
4. As MP, the MD of B5 Plus had engaged me to intervene with the family head to allow them start work pending the determination of the Court case.
5. The case was finally concluded 6 weeks ago giving B5 Plus legal entry to the land.
6. Government of Ghana has done absolutely nothing in the siting of this project. It is a private intervention that predates this government.
7. I am pleased as a Ghanaian and particularly as MP for the area that projects are on going in my Constituency. This is not the only factory springing up. My next target is to get the management of these factories to ring fence a certain quota of their workforce for indigenes.
Facts are sacred. When you seek to play propaganda with facts, the truth would expose you” the post said.
Do you want to be featured on Asempanews.com? Send us a message on our Facebook page now with your stories, photos or videos.