Trader remanded for robing two ladies around Achimota Forest

A 29-year-old trader who allegedly robbed two ladies in turns of their bags containing mobile phones and other personal effects around the Achimota Forest has appeared before an Accra Circuit Court.

Alfred Marfo aka Gaza was said to have sought refuge in the Achimota Forest after conducting his nefarious acts.

Charged with two counts of robbery, Marfo pleaded not guilty.

The court presided over by Mrs Justice Jane Harriet Akweley Quaye remanded him into Police custody to reappear on January 10.

Prosecuting, Inspector Benson Benneh who held the brief of Superintendent of Police Emelia Asante, said first complainant Solange Kinadraboegra is a caterer residing at Abelemkpe, Accra and the second complainant Deborah Nti-Obeng is a Human Resource Administrator residing at Ofankor, Accra.

Prosecution said Marfo resides at Agbogboloshie, Accra and on December 20, this year, at around 2115 hours, Ms Kinadraboegra was walking at the side of the road at Achimota Forest area.

The Prosecution said Marfo who was then walking on the pavement by the road attacked and snatched her Sumsung and Infinix mobile phones valued at GH¢2,000.00.

He said the accused after attacking the complainant went and hide in the Achimota Forest.

Inspector Benneh said at about 2215 hours on the same day, the second complainant Ms Nti-Obeng boarded a vehicle from Accra Mall and alighted at the Achimota Forest Bus Stop.

According to prosecution, Ms Nti-Obeng was looking for a vehicle to Dome Pillar Two so she started walking towards the Achimota roundabout.

He said on reaching a section of the Achimota roundabout, Marfo attacked and snatched her hand bag valued at GH¢150.00 which contained Iphone 8 Plus valued also at GH¢3,900.00, two ear pieces valued GH¢50.00, Sumsung J5 valued at GH¢550.00, a calculator valued at GH¢160.00.00, some cash and an Iphone charger.

Mr Benneh said Marfo after the attack went to hide at the Achimota Forest again.

The Prosecution said Marfo was arrested on suspicion by a Police patrol team when he was searched and three mobile phones were found on him.

He said Marfo was then sent to the Regional Police headquarters for investigation and at about 2315 hours, Ms Nti-Obeng used her sister’s phone to call her line and the Police answered the call.

The prosecution said on December 22, this year, Ms Nti-Obeng identified the two mobile phones as hers and pointed out Marfo as the one who snatched her bag.

He said during Police interrogation, Marfo admitted the offence and he led the Police to the Achimota Forest where the damaged handbags were retrieved.

The Police also called second complainant who later reported at the Regional Criminal Investigations Department and identified her phone.

Related Posts

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *